So this is the 2nd Blogger Award that I was nominated for this past week. It is called the Very Inspiring Blogger Award and looks like this:
I searched for nearly an hour for the origins of this blog award and could not find anything. So I’m going to tell you what it means to me. To be a Very Inspiring Blogger you write posts that inspire others. Pretty simple, if you ask me. I was nominated by MJ at emjayandthem … thank you, MJ… MJ told me that my blog inspired her to begin the Dukan diet this week… how awesome is that?!?!?
There are 2 things you must do if you ACCEPT this award: 1. Tell 7 things about yourself that others may not know and 2. Nominate 7 people that inspire you. So here goes:
1. I am a midwife that is tired of being up all night waiting on babies 🙂
2. I am a mom to 3 terrific kids Nick, Jenni and Tiffany… I wasn’t the best mom, but I did the best I could and they’ve turned out to be pretty awesome adults! I also have an “adopted” daughter, Ashley, who I love like my own kids and who lived with us for a time in her teens, she’s a pretty awesome adult, too!
3. I am the “Momma” to 2 grandchildren from Jenni, 3 from Tiffany and 2 from Ashley. I am only 48 😀
4. I actually look forward to turning 50 years old in 21 months. I keep getting better with age!
5. I took up running in December and LOVE IT… “Run” was NOT in my vocabulary 7 months ago.
6. I adore my mother… she is my biggest fan in ANYTHING I do… I thank God on a daily basis for giving me to her or her to me… either way I am BLESSED!
7. I have 4 sisters and 2 brothers… most of whom I don’t communicate with… LOL That is balanced by the fact that I have some of the very best friends a girl could EVER have and I am so fortunate that most of them still live in my home town. They are closer to me than most sisters and brothers!
Now for the 7 people I am nominating and why. They are not only inspirational to me, but they will be inspirational to YOU. I encourage you to take the time to click on every single one of their blogs. Here we go…
1. Mel at http://wwangel.wordpress.com/ Mel is a runner and a Dukaner… she is just a couple of kilos from her goal weight and even though the scale has been up and down for her the past month or so, she keeps plugging along!!! She doesn’t give up. Her posts about running give me the inspiration to lace up my Brooks and go out for a run… now if I only had a dog as cute as her Millie!
2. The DukanDietress She lost over 100 pounds on the Dukan Diet and looks TERRIFIC! She is in the Consolidation Phase (Phase 3) of the diet and her insight is invaluable! Lots of very inspiring before and after pics on her blog!
3. Cyn at the ChunkyGoddess. Cyn tells it like it is and I like that. She’s awesome, she’s close to her WW goal and she’s raisin’ hell. Her brutal honesty is refreshing!
4. Sonia at My Dukan Diet . She has lost 83 pounds and is doing GREAT! Her posts inspire me to keep going and they’ll inspire you get started!
5. Brett at NoTimeToW8. Brett has lost 64.8 lbs and is still going. He is also doing the C25K and has just finished Week 3… WOO HOO!!!
6. Russell at TheEaglesNest. Russell has lost 96.4 lbs on Weight Watchers… he is now a mentor to many… his blog is incredibly inspiring to me!
7. And Pat at i~Nurse Educator. Pat is a Nurse (obviously) and an educator and an advocate and a dieter. He’s lost 23.4 lbs so far and his advocacy for nurses is one of the things that drew me in. Go Pat!
So there you have it… 7 more very deserving bloggers getting an award. I have 2 more to pay forward this week… maybe tomorrow 🙂
Thank you Sandi – this is the first blogger nomination I have ever received and it means a great deal to me. I have been blogging for the past 7 years but only really became serious about it this year. I am passionate about nursing and wanted to share this passion on my blog. This past January – I began my weight loss journey and wanted others to share in the experience – so I began to mix my blog with nursing and weight loss. I follow your blog because truly you inspire me. Thank you for your nomination. It means a great deal to me.
You are very welcome. I put a lot of thought into them and you are very deserving 🙂 I look forward to following your blog for a long time!
You ARE an inspiration … soldiering through women’s health issues in China, helping beautiful babies into the world and having the courage to change your life – your weight – your destiny. You have rewritten your story and I, for one, look forward to reading more of your chapters!
1.8 lbs lost since yesterday and the wild thing is that I feel good! I expected to feel tired & sluggy — not so….. Cheers to you and thank you for sharing your other faves with us, I will read them all 🙂 MJ
MJ… that is awesome 1.8 pounds in one day! You’re on your way! Your body will totally adjust to the increased protein and decreased carbs.. and you’ll be less hungry… somedays I have to make myself eat a meal, lol 🙂 Looking forward to your updates and all the other witty stuff you write about !
Way to GO Sandi, two blog awards in one week!! If anyone deserves that kind of recognition, surely it is Y-O-U!! As for you having (and continuing to) inspire me well, I really do not believe that ANYONE else could have inspired me to start blogging really. And the funniest thing about that is you never even suggested I blog, you just accepted me on my first post that I ever made to any blog ever. If you had not responded, I probably would have just said “Ah, yeah, forget the computer as a part of my support system, those people don’t give a crap.” You were simply being YOU! On my end that experience went like this: Here’s a woman my age, losing weight, accepting me on her blog as a commenter, offering me her email addy, helping w/ tech questions, and losing weight every day, and oh, yeah, POSITIVE! No snark, no judgement….willingly sharing information about other bloggers that have helped you…Oh wow! You are the best!! XOXO
Awww, Anna, that is so sweet 🙂 I am paying forward the inspiration and help that I got when I started back in August from the likes of Moonday and Charlotte and others. I think with a great support group we can all accomplish our goals. I hope one day to meet you in person… we’ll hang out, have an organic salad from your garden and clink glasses of unsweetened ice tea in celebration of being our fittest ever 😀 xo
oops, that Slainte went here 🙂
Pingback: Wow! My Blog was Nominated for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award « The Eagle's Nest
congratulations! you really are awesome, inspirational, and just, you know, terrific! 😉 I love following along with your story and always appreciate any comments you add on to mine!
Thank you 🙂 It’s been fun blogging this journey and sharing it. Who knew so many people would follow it?
I am spending more time writing my blog and reading and responding to other blogs than on Facebook, which I think is a pretty cool thing 🙂
I feel so overwhelmed that YOU or anyone else would find my story inspiring! I absolutely agree with every word Anna said, you are one awesome human being Sandi! I definitely would not have been so successful on my journey if it hadnt been for you! That is a fact!!!! xoxo
That is very sweet, Sonia… you have done an AWESOME job on Dukan! Truly inspiring to others. The beautiful thing about blogging is that they stay up for the future people looking for inspiration on losing weight. So our blogs will continue to help others!
Read and shared. You are an inspiration to many.
thanks SO much sandi! sorry i have been outta the loop & just seeing this now — you rock mama!
Cyn, you’re welcome and totally understandable. You ROCK, too 🙂