Phew… I feel like I’ve been on a roller coaster that never stops! Whirlwind vacation and now I’ve been back for a very busy week at work and my out of work life.
This week I’ve been nominated by 3 wonderful bloggers for 3 different blogger awards and of course I’m honored and humbled.
First up is the One Lovely Blog Award… nominated by MJ. I love her blog about life, kids growing up and her celebration as a naturalized American Citizen. Thank you, MJ for thinking of me!!
Rules of acceptance:
*thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post – done!
*share 7 things about yourself
*nominate 15 or so bloggers you admire
*contact your chosen bloggers to let them know
Seven things about me:
I played clarinet in middle school and high school…
2. My favorite vegetable is…
3. I love reading crime novels and keeping notes of typos and emailing the author 🙂 I know… crazy stalker behavior, but I can’t help it… especially if I’ve spent the money on a hard cover… here’s the worst offender… yet my favorite author ever!
4. I’ve visited, according to my passport, 31 countries!
5. This year alone I have taken off in an airplane and landed 20 times! This is one of my favorite shots from flying…
6. I often wonder what it’s going to be like to move back to Florida and not be a rock star. Here’s a video of me in the news last year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jySUb3O-f3A and this is an awards ceremony… please note the music in the background… it is played frequently… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfP-foh90zU … I feel like royalty 🙂
7. I’m sarcastic… I don’t think this is a big surprise to most people that know me!
Next up, I was nominated by buddy Anna for the Reader Appreciation Award. Anna just celebrated her 49th birthday yesterday and is like a soul sister… we have so much in common! We’re going to do our first triathlon together next year in Wisconsin, along with trigrandmatry and Sandra… who are my triathlon inspiration! Anna’s blog is about her home grown organic garden, her weight loss journey and life in general… check her out!
How it works:
1. Include the award logo somewhere in your blog.
2. Answer these 10 questions, below, for fun if you want to.
3. Nominate as many bloggers as you like, Or 10, you pick the number.
4. Pay the love forward: Provide your nominee’s link in your post and comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been included and invited to participate.
OK… 10 questions!
1. What is your favorite color? Purple (same as soul sister, Anna!)
2. What is your favorite animal? Koala
3. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Um, no brainer, coffee!! (same as Anna!)
4. Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter? Facebook
5. What is your favorite pattern? Squares
6. Do you prefer getting or giving presents? Giving
7. What is your favorite number? 13
8. What is your favorite day of the week? Every single one my feet hit the floor (same, same)
9. What is your favorite flower? Pink Carnations
10. What’s your passion? LIVING LIFE TO THE FULLEST
And then 3rd up… Constance at becomingshehulk nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger Award. Constance is one of my Dukan heroes! She lost more than 110 pounds and has kept it off and is rockin’ her body with working towards competitions!!! She is an inspiration to many, many of us!
The questions to answer for the Kreativ Blogger award are the same as above.. woo hoo! Less work 🙂
Nominations… I’m going to do these in a separate blog because I want to do them right and not renominate people for awards they’ve already received 🙂 So give me a few days to work through it all and I’ll send out messages about that 🙂
Thank you to Anna, MJ and Constance for the nominations AND the support I’ve received from the 3 of you… my heart swells with appreciation!!!
What a lovely award to receive! Glad your favourite animal is Koala, they are so beautiful to see in the wild!
I love Koalas… when I visited Sydney I was able to hold one on a private tour of a sanctuary… this one was saved during a fire. They are stinky 😀 But oh so cuddly!
#1, 2, 8 & 10 same same 🙂 did you say soul sister??!! xoxo You deserve each and every award Sandi Hurray for YOU!!
Thanks, Anna 🙂 I’d say he same is true for you!
This is terrifying. I email authors with corrections too. I thought I was the only weirdo in the world. I do it especially with textbooks/research and philosophy reads. I feel like, of all the things in the world, these two things should be spell checked to the end of time. Oh and you’re sarcastic? Noooo way, really? I thought the sun rose in the east and the sky was blue.
LOL, Kira… I’m your mother by another brother or something awesome like that xoxo
Loved your blog and love you. Mom
Thanks, Mom… Love you, too! Xoxo
Congratulations, my friend! i have been off line for a week, but I’m back again 🙂
Wondering where you’ve been! Did you have a nice break? Started swim training this week 🙂
Hearing you… OF ALL PEOPLE call ME an inspiration… that’s what pushes me to continue on my success, to keep working hard, to keep getting results and to achieve my dreams.
& you have visited 31 countries? I am so jealous, so unbelievably jealous, as you already know. I’m a travel junkie without the funds my dear! What an exciting life you live. Ahhhh. 🙂 xoxo
Oh Constance, you are an amazing inspiration! I’ve read just about every word on your blogs!
Yep, 31 countries… I work to travel and have worked outside the US for 4 years so I could travel… I saved a little, but oh the adventures I’ve had 🙂