OK… sorry to those of you that get notifications… I hit publish instead of Preview to see if the upload I did worked… silly me 😀
OK… Trial and error… I figured this out a couple of months ago and thought it might be useful to others… so here goes!
1. Open the Word doc that you want to publish to WP.
2. Zoom out so that the entire page of the document can be viewed on the screen:
3. Find the “Print Screen” key on your keyboard… keyboards vary, but it’s usually above the number buttons up at the top.
4. Press the “Print Screen” key… NOW… IT WON’T APPEAR ANYTHING HAS HAPPENED… BUT IT HAS… TRUST ME 😀
5. On your computer go to START —> ALL PROGRAMS —> ACCESSORIES —> PAINT and open PAINT
Note the PAINT highlighted on the left... and my beautiful daughter, her awesome husband and my adorable grandson as my desktop pic 🙂 Jose is about 45 seconds old in this picture!
6. In PAINT, right click on the white area and select PASTE
7. Crop out anything you don’t want… or leave as is…
8. The easiest is to save as a JPEG file… there are many options, but this is the best for uploading, in my opinion…
9. Upload to your WordPress post… easy peasy 🙂