Today was a PV day.
Daily weight loss: 0.9 lb/0.40 kg
Total weight loss: 57.4 lb/26.11 kg
Much better day today emotional wise. I have 18 more sleeps before I go home for a vacation and tomorrow Lucy and I fly to Hong Kong for the weekend. I spent some time today putting together a collage of a pic from each month. Doing this was an emotional journey for me. I started 2011 off at home in Florida, between jobs in the UAE. I brought my mom back with me for a few weeks to Abu Dhabi and I was so excited to be starting my new position. My weight had been stable for about 6 months at that point, and then my nightmare began at my new job. Without rehashing it all, I will say that *I* see the changes in me. Not just the 25 pound weight gain in 5 short months, but the unhappiness in my eyes and the forced smiles in some of the pics. I’m an emotional eater… In the past food comforted me, it was my friend during the hellish 8 months I went through, working for a sociopath. I’m glad that ordeal is over for me (and many of my colleagues!) and you can see the light back in my eyes in the pic from August, because I’m home and with people I love and the in September when I moved to China… And although this place has it’s problems, they are normal problems and I’m, in general, happy. Miss my family and friends, of course, but happy.
The other thing I worked on today was my bucket list for 2012. It’s a list in progress, but this is what I have so far.
Bucket List 2012
1. Reach Dukan “True Weight” of 165
2. Reach “My True Weight” of 145
3. Nurture relationships
4. Fix my tummy 🙂
5. Run 5k without stopping
6. Enjoy my job more
7. Accomplish teaching the 6 IPSG’s to the staff
8. Accomplish 100% compliance on at least 4 of the IPSG’s!
9. Accomplish teaching the 13 JCI Standards to the staff
10. Visit the Philippines
11. Visit Singapore
12. Visit Thailand… Again
13. Continue my daily random acts of kindness, blog it
14. Blog everyday, can be challenging if VPN goes out
15. Get rid of all the “stuff” I don’t need… In my storage unit AND in my flat!
16. Live as green as possible
17. Start an indoor herb garden
18. Run 10k without stopping!
19. Read 100 books
20. Start yoga classes by March 1st
21. Take yoga at least once per week
22. Run at least 3 times a week
23. Save 25% of my annual income… This will be challenging given my propensity for travel 🙂
24. Travel coach 🙂
25. Plan a 50th birthday cruise for my mates and aim to get at least 100 people to go!
26. Get another tattoo.
27. Attend a rock concert
28. Paint 2 big canvases and complete my little canvas series
29. Surprise someone I love by giving her the series (I’m pretty sure she doesn’t read my blog… But she’d totally guess it was her, if she did)
30. Start my own blog site with help from Charlotte, one of my Dukan buddies.
31. Try not to send emails or make phones calls on the nights I take sleep medicine 😀
32. Celebrate a holiday that I don’t usually celebrate!
33. Figure out how to set up my wii again… I love the yoga and the boxing
34. Take 2 backpacking trips
35. See more of China since I live here!
36. Take an overnight train in China…
37. Open up my heart and take some chances
38. At least 80% of my quotes of the day will be by women I respect
39. Send in my absentee ballot for the Presidential election
40. Drink 1.5 liters of water per day
41. Weigh myself every day
42. Get a minimum of a 30 minute walk in per day
43. Take my bran every single day
44. Pray and meditate for good health each day, purposefully
45. Pray for the health of those I love, purposefully
46. Continue reading johnshore.com and Pastor Bob every time they post a blog… Their wisdom fills me up.
So here are the pics… I welcome comments, in fact, encourage them…
I like the last me the best 🙂 more the year in wrap up fromHong Kong… I’m off to sleep so I don’t break rule #31 🙂 Goodnight!
Quote of the day: Just because you don’t see the results after a day or even a week, don’t give up! You may not see changes, but every smart choice you make is affecting you in ways you’d never imagine. ~ Unknown