One of my bloggy friends, Jamie over at KeepingUpWithTheJones is doing a 60 day photo challenge and it looks like fun! So here goes:
Day 01 – A picture of yourself with fifteen facts.
This pic is from April 2012 in Guangzhou, China. I was there (and actually I’m there now) to teach a water birth training class to staff and to introduce water birth to the patients of the hospital.
1. I got pregnant with my son 2 weeks shy of my 17th birthday. Best decision I made in my life was to not crumble to the advise to abort… From nearly everyone in my life… He’s almost 31. That said, I am Pro-Choice.
2. Even though I was 7 months pregnant I walked across the stage and collected my high school diploma. My mom and dad threatened to sue the school board if they didn’t let me, we won, my parents rock!
3. I adore my little sister, Nannette. We’re in our late 40’s and still fight like little sisters, but if you hurt my little sis, you’ll pay, BIG TIME… She’s mine to pick on, and no one else! LOL
4. I have 2 daughters, Jenni and Tiffany, who have blessed me with a total of 6 grandchildren. My daughters also blessed me by allowing me to attend them for all of their births… I can’t explain the elation I had catching every single one of them! My face always hurts for days after I catch a grand baby, from smiling so much. None of my grand babies were born in a hospital and two of them were born in the water.
5. I’m a midwife. I did not pick this vocation, it picked me. It was a calling. It’s had it’s ups and downs and every single moment… EVERY SINGLE MOMENT has been worth it. I have been blessed to attend over 2500 births on 4 continents… How Lucky am I?
6. I just lost
101 104 pounds in under 9 months by following the Dukan Diet pretty much to the letter. I reached Dr. Dukan’s goal within 3 days of the day he said I would… Pretty impressive!
7. I went from crying after running 45 seconds in January to running a 5K in under 45 minutes in 12 weeks🙂
8. I love reading about serial killers… They fascinate me.
9. If I wasn’t a midwife, I’d be a forensic scientist.
10. Woman I admire the most (not including my mom): Hillary Clinton
11. I lived in Abu Dhabi for 3 years, I’ve lived in China for the last 8 months.
12. I love traveling ALONE. You meet so many interesting people that way.
13. Two of my grandchildren, Sydnie Renae and Sadie Rose were born in the same house to each of my daughters 22 hours and 35 minutes apart.
14. I love Lady Gaga🙂
15. I am proudly part of the Christian Left and finally feel like I’ve found a group of people who think the same way I do… Finally!
If anyone else is up for the challenge, here’s the list:
Day 01 – A picture of yourself with fifteen facts.
Day 02 – A picture of you and the person you have been close with for the longest.
Day 03 – A picture of the cast from your favorite show.
Day 04 – A picture of your night.
Day 05 – A picture of one of your favorite memories.
Day 06 – A picture of a person you’d love to trade places with for a day.
Day 07 – A picture of your most treasured item.
Day 08 – A picture that makes you laugh.
Day 09 – A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most.
Day 10 – A picture of the person you do the most messed up things with.
Day 11 – A picture of something you hate.
Day 12 – A picture of something you love.
Day 13 – A picture of your favorite band or artist.
Day 14 – A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without.
Day 15 – A picture of something you want to do before you die.
Day 16 – A picture of someone who inspires you.
Day 17 – A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently.
Day 18 – A picture of your biggest insecurity.
Day 19 – A picture of you when you were little.
Day 20 – A picture of somewhere you’d love to travel.
Day 21 – A picture of something you wish you could forget.
Day 22 – A picture of something you wish you were better at.
Day 23 – A picture of your favorite book.
Day 24 – A picture of something you wish you could change.
Day 25 – A picture of your day.
Day 26 – A picture of something that means a lot to you.
Day 27 – A picture of yourself and a family member.
Day 28 – A picture of something you’re afraid of.
Day 29 – A picture that can always make you smile.
Day 30 – A picture of someone you miss.
Day 31 – A picture of a tradition you have.
Day 32 – A picture of a crazy night.
Day 33 – A picture of the house you grew up in.
Day 34 – A picture of your currently most played CD.
Day 35 – A picture of your favorite place to eat.
Day 36 – A picture of your ‘other half’.
Day 37 – A picture of the people you spend most of your time with.
Day 38 – A picture of the best part of your day.
Day 39 – A picture of your favorite movie.
Day 40 – A picture of your favorite Disney character.
Day 41 – A picture of your pet.
Day 42 – A picture of your dream house.
Day 43 – A picture of something you can’t function without.
Day 44 – A picture of someone you’re told you look like.
Day 45 – A picture of your room.
Day 46 – A picture of where you wish you were right now.
Day 47 – A picture of your favorite place to shop.
Day 48 – A picture of your favorite actress/actor.
Day 49 – A picture of where you live.
Day 50 – A picture of your most frequented place.
Day 51 – A picture of your dream car.
Day 52 – A picture of your favorite sport.
Day 53 – A picture of someone you think is hot.
Day 54 – A picture of the one thing you would bring if you were stranded on a deserted island.
Day 55 – A picture of the last movie you saw in theaters.
Day 56 – A picture of something that makes you happy.
Day 57 – A picture of your favorite holiday.
Day 58 – A picture of your favorite animal.
Day 59 – A picture of a random item that you own.
Day 60 – A picture of something you’re excited about