I am WAY behind on many things in blogdom. I’ve had a fairly busy travel schedule this past 3 weeks and I apologize! I was given several blog awards that I still haven’t been able to get around posting (blogging on my ancient, ornery lap top is much easier than, my shiny iPad or worse, iPhone!)… I also want the blogs that I follow know that I read every word in your blogs and always, at the least, click the LIKE button… That is my WordPress peeps! Blogger makes it VERY difficult to acknowledge you’ve been there OR leave a message 😦 But, I’m reading those, as well!
Today I opened an awesome post by http://laborofwonder.com/2012/04/09/fine/
She’s a young busy mom who cooks homemade gluten-free food for her beautiful family. I like getting to know more about others, so here’s some stuff about me : D She tagged me in her post, and this is my response…
1. What is the worst advice you’ve ever been given? Did you take it?
To switch professions (midwifery)… Heck no… Once a midwife, always a midwife, you just figure out better and different ways to do it!
2. What are your top-3 favorite meals?
Steak & Asparagus
Salmon & Asparagus
Shashimi with LOTS of wasabi
3. What fact about you are you most embarrassed about?
I could have been a way better mom.
4. What’s the worst name you’ve ever given a pet?
None is Miss Kitty, not very original. She lives with my mom now, she renamed her PITA (Pain In The Ass)… Seriously… Lol
5. What is something you do that drives your significant other crazy? If you have no significant other, substitute a parent or friend.
No significant other… I used to drive my friends nuts by answering questions with song lyrics… It was a Hard Habit To Break! 😀
6. What was the last thing to really make you laugh out loud?
Reading this guy’s blog… The Sandy Tongue
He’s rude, he’s crude, he’s says the most politically incorrect stuff, but I love reading his posts!
7. What was your worst first date ever?
Egyptian guy in Abu Dhabi, told me after one hour that he wanted to take me home to Egypt to meet his mother! Um, no… LOL
8. What is the rudest thing a stranger has ever said to you?
Drawing a blank… I usually tell people to eff off and then remove it from my mind.
9. What was your favorite childhood toy?
My Salty Dog… He was made of jean material, I have no idea what happened to him.
10. What was the last stupid/crazy/un-you thing you’ve last done?
Do I *have* to answer this one? Let’s just say my reaction to the lady who blew her nose on my EFFING HIKING BOOT in the taxi que at the Hangzhou train station a few weeks ago, will probably never do that again. I’m lucky I wasn’t taken out by the mob… Instead they parted and let me and Kitty through… I’m NOT proud of myself 😦
11. Pick your own question… What is your favorite place you’ve ever visited?
This is a toughie for me… But I’d say my family’s village in Italy. Pennapiedimonte. Nick and I traveled there in August 2009 and it was amazing!
The village hugs the side of the mountain…
This is what we saw from our bedroom every single morning… The sun coming up over the Adriatic Sea… Breathtaking!
Post the rules (and here they are:)
Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
Create 11 new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
Tag 11 people and link them to your post.
Let them know you’ve tagged them.
Questions I want to know about you:
1. Why do you blog?
2. What is your biggest accomplishment?
3. What is one awesome place you’ve visited and would like to go back? Why?
4. Tell me about your 7th grade English teacher…
5. Describe your living room…
6. What is your dream vehicle? Why?
7. What is one thing your momma doesn’t know about you?
8. If you could change one thing, what would it be?
9. Three wishes…
10. What is your favorite day of the year? Why?
11. Why do you follow my blog?
Who I’m tagging and who you should check out… I follow these bloggers cuz they’re awesome!
OK, have at it! I’m off to teach a class… I have 3 minutes to get down 5 flights of stairs 🙂