Monday was a PP day 😀
Daily weight loss: 0.4 lb/0.2 kg
Total weight loss: 48.6 lb/22.11 kg
Wow… 100 days since I committed to the Dukan program. And it’s been an amazing 100 days! I bought the book back in July at the urging of my friend Lucy. I threw it in my carry on when I went on holiday home in August, but didn’t look at it, because I was going on holiday!!! I met with John Geraghty on Friday, August 5th in Jupiter. I went to school with John and he is a Life Coach with his own company Courageous Authenticity. We discussed many things, my weight being one of them. John encouraged me to look within to find the source… and I did… THANK YOU JOHN!!!
So, on my flight from Miami to London, I read the entire Dukan Diet book. I didn’t skim, I didn’t speed read (which I usually do) I read.every.single.word. Every one! And then on the flight from London to Abu Dhabi… I read it again. And I understood it. And I understood why this diet is DIFFERENT from other diets and especially different and MUCH MORE healthy than the Atkins Diet. That was on August 16th. My “official” weigh in on my new scale (which has now traveled to 4 countries in 3 months!!!) was on Saturday, August 20th, but I started the diet on Monday, August 22nd.
Now a little history of what has gone on in this 100 short days… hold on to your hat… it’s been a wild friggin’ ride!
- I returned to Al Ain (a city about 150 kms from Abu Dhabi) and found that I couldn’t stand working for my crazy boss anymore and sold all my stuff and accepted a job in China. This was probably the most stressful place I’ve ever worked in my life! Sad thing is that so many other amazing people have quit because of her, but they keep her around 😦
- My precious daughter, Jennifer, had a cancer scare… I praise God every single day that it WAS NOT cancer… Thank You, God!!! But for a few weeks we were on pins and needles.
- I packed up 3 years of memories from Abu Dhabi, shipped 9 boxes and my painting and easel to China and flew on September 16.
- I stayed in Hong Kong for 5 days processing my visa and processing my life… and I stuck like glue to the Dukan Diet!
- I moved to Hangzhou, China… a 45 minute bullet train south of Shanghai to work at a maternity hospital.
- 30 days later I had to travel back to Hong Kong for a visa run… good thing I like Hong Kong!
- Back in Hangzhou, I started training the hospital staff for JCI accreditation (an international accreditation that shows the hospital operates under international standards).
- Flew to Thailand to vacation for 2 weeks with my friend Cathy from Illinois and my friends Karen and Dominique from the UK (they work in Abu Dhabi)… best vacation EVER!!!
- Then back to Hangzhou and this week I’m flying BACK to Hong Kong to meet my friends Lucy and Ethel (flying in from Abu Dhabi) and spending my birthday weekend with them in Hong Kong.
During this time I have not fallen off the diet, AT ALL. I say this because in the past I have found every single excuse in the book to stop a diet. I’m the QUEEN of excuses… seriously. And I hope by showing that a million things can happen, you can move from one foreign country to another and go on holiday and have a crazy boss and live in a country where no one really speaks your language, and, and, and…. STAY ON THIS PROGRAM! Why? Because it works. Why? Because you see the results. Why? Because pants that I bought too tight 6 weeks ago, I can take off without unbottoning and unzipping. Why? Because I FRIGGIN’ FEEL GREAT! And I still have a long way to go… about another 38 pounds, but dammit… I’m going to do it.
Dukan is a life style change… it isn’t some drops on the tongue, it isn’t fasting, it isn’t gorging on whatever protein and fats you want. It makes sense… HEALTH SENSE and I like that.
Gotta get off of here… need to pack for my flight to Hong Kong and prepare a policy for work tomorrow morning and maybe make a Skype call or two…. I just want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone out there that has supported me. And everyone that reads the blog. It encourages me more than you can know. I was leery about getting on here and talking about losing weight, but it’s been cathartic and that’s a good thing!
Ciao for Now 😀
Quote of the day: Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself…. I’m recreating myself! xoxoxo
Pic of the day… I found this while walking home from work. I took the long way… I wasn’t going to, but wanted the extra 10 minutes of walking… I’m so glad I did… Nature is so perfect… LOVE LEAF…